Announcement – August Competition!
Winner for August is Neil S. who won the major prize! You have been emailed.
During July there was another competition which was quite fun, so from August and onwards we shall do it again. The winner ‘S.R.’ won the minor prize so the major prize jackpots into this month. Running these competitions are a way of saying thank you to my readers, and to generate some interaction. So …
All you have to do for a chance to win is the following:
- Read the blog posts and articles in August, as there will be four questions you will need to answer placed randomly amongst the posts. To keep track, subscribe using one of the methods on the right hand side of this page
- When you have answers for all four questions, email them to email@example.com
- If you follow me on twitter (@tronixstuff) and retweet one post in August, you will receive two entries, so put your twitter address in your email.
- On September the 1st, all the email addresses will be placed in a random draw and one selected. If the entry drawn has all four questions correct, they will win the major prize!
- If the first entry drawn does not have four correct answers, they will win the minor prize, and the major prize will carry over until September, to be combined with the new major prize.
The major prize for August consists of the following:
- One assembled, used JYE Tech Digital Storage Oscilloscope – from the kit review;
- One new pair of 315 MHz wireless data modules, as used in Getting Started with Arduino – Chapter Eleven;
- And something different, the new Texas Instruments MSP430 Launchpad kit, including evaluation board, two MCUs and the USB cable.
The minor prize for August is John’s Fun with LEDs! pack, consisting of:
- ten each of red, green, yellow and orange 5mm LEDs;
- four RGB 10mm diffused LEDs
- three 74HC595 shift registers
- two Texas Instruments TLC5940 16-channel LED driver ICs
- two LM3914 bar graph/dot driver ICs
- 20 x 560 ohm 1% resistors (they missed the photo call)
Hopefully everyone can have some fun reading about electronics and learning along the way. As with any competition, there are a few rules:
- If you have won a previous competition, you cannot enter
- If you know me personally, you cannot enter
- The prizes carry no warranty, we accept no liability for anything at all that they may cause
- Prizes only include what is in the photograph, and will be sent via standard airmail free of charge
- My decision is final
- You can witness the draw in person with prior arrangement
- The time used is Australian Eastern Standard Time (GMT: +10)
Congratulations to Neil S. who is the winner of the major prize!
The minor prize will jackpot into September, details to be posted shortly.